AutoCAD: An Overview
AutoCAD is a 2-D and 3-D computer-aided drafting software application used in architecture, construction, and manufacturing to assist in the preparation of blueprints and other engineering plans. Professionals who use AutoCAD are often referred to as drafters.
AutoCAD drafters use 2-D and 3-D computer-aided drafting software applications to prepare blueprints and plans for architecture, construction, and manufacturing projects.
What are the advantages of CAD?
The advantages of CAD include: the ability to producing very accurate designs; drawings can be created in 2D or 3D and rotated; other computer programmes can be linked to the design software. With manual drafting, you must determine the scale of a view before you start drawing.
Benefits of the CAD Software
CAD software is being used on large scale basis by a number of engineering professionals and firms for various applications. The most common application of CAD software is designing and drafting. Here are some of the benefits of implementing CAD systems in the companies:
1) Increase in the productivity of the designer: The CAD software helps designer in visualizing the final product that is to be made, it subassemblies and the constituent parts. The product can also be given animation and see how the actual product will work, thus helping the designer to immediately make the modifications if required. CAD software helps designer in synthesizing, analyzing, and documenting the design. All these factors help in drastically improving the productivity of the designer that translates into fast designing, lower designing cost and shorter project completion times.
2) Improve the quality of the design: With the CAD software the designing professionals are offered large number of tools that help in carrying out thorough engineering analysis of the proposed design. The tools also help designers to consider large number of investigations. Since the CAD systems offer greater accuracy, the errors are reduced drastically in the designed product leading to better design. Eventually, better design helps carrying out manufacturing faster and reducing the wastages that could have occurred because of the faulty design.
3) Better communications: The next important part after designing is making the drawings. With CAD software better and standardized drawings can be made easily. The CAD software helps in better documentation of the design, fewer drawing errors, and greater legibility.
4) Creating documentation of the designing: Creating the documentation of designing is one of the most important parts of designing and this can be made very conveniently by the CAD software. The documentation of designing includes geometries and dimensions of the product, its subassemblies and its components, material specifications for the components, bill of materials for the components etc.
5) Creating the database for manufacturing: When the creating the data for the documentation of the designing most of the data for manufacturing is also created like products and component drawings, material required for the components, their dimensions, shape etc.
6) Saving of design data and drawings: All the data used for designing can easily be saved and used for the future reference, thus certain components don’t have to be designed again and again. Similarly, the drawings can also be saved and any number of copies can be printed whenever required. Some of the component drawings can be standardized and be used whenever required in any future drawings.
While drafters work in a number of specialties, the five most common specialization areas are as follows: mechanical, architectural, civil, electrical, and electronics.
- Mechanical drafters prepare plans for machinery and mechanical devices.
- Architectural drafters draw up plans for residential and commercial buildings.
- Civil drafters draw up plans for use in the design and building of roadways, bridges, sewer systems,and other major projects.
- Electrical drafters work with electricians to prepare diagrams of wiring electrical system layouts.
- Electronics drafters also prepare wiring diagrams for use in the making, installing, and repairing of electronic gadgets.
- Industry Relevant Content
- Theory & Practical classes
- Highly Experienced Faculties
- AC classroom & AC Practical room.
- Individual Computers with latest software and many more
2D Course Content:
- Introduction to Auto CAD Environments
- Environment unit settings.
- Functional Key identification
- Working with Cartesian & Polar Coordinate system
- Creating Objet (Line, Circle, Point,Polygon, Rectangle, Arc, Ellipse, Polyline)
- Poly line Editing methods
- Basic object selection methods (Window and crossing Window)
- Modify Object (Erase, Move, Copy, Offset, Regen, List, Dist, ID, Stretch, ArrayTrim, Extended, Lengthen, Break, Fillet, Chamfer)
- Display Commands (Zoom, Pan)
- Isometric Drawing Creation
- Hatch Creation
- Creation of Block entities, redefine & uses
- Layering Concept, creation of layers & use in the drawing.
- LAS file creation
- Block attributes definition
- Dimension (Creating new dimension)
- Process of Dimensioning (Linear, Aligned, Angular, Radius, Diametre.)
3D Course Content:
- Introduction to 3D AUTOCAD Environments
- Concept of Different types of views
- Usage of view Tool Bar
- User Co-ordinate system (UCS)
- Uses of UCS
- Creation of Region
- Creating 3D Solid
- Solid editing
- Visual styles toolbar
- 3D orbit toolbar
- 3D move
- 3D rotate
- Modelling toolbar.
- Basic – 8 Classes
- Advance – 8 Classes
- 3D Drawing & Modelling – 4 to 5 Classes
- Combined – 21 Classes